Technical Sales Advisor Egypt
Descrição da Empresa
Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals and providing industrial solutions. The group employs approximately 4,600 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2019. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices. Financial News wires: Bloomberg: TESB BB – Reuters: TESB.BR – Datastream: B:Tes
Our business unit Tessenderlo Kerley International (TKI) supplies value-added liquid, soluble and solid plant nutrition in order to support growers in realizing efficient and sustainable agriculture. Our diverse product portfolio combines essential nutrients to improve soil health and increase water infiltration while maximizing nutrient uptake to address the challenges of modern agriculture.
We are the leading producer of sulfur-based plant nutrition. Tessenderlo Kerley International was the originator of Thio-Sul®, the first liquid thiosulfate fertilizer and SoluPotasse®, the best-in-class, water-soluble grade of potassium sulfate (SOP). With K-Leaf®, TKI has the first potassium fertilizer with higher solubility speeds as potassium nitrate (NOP). We offer a wide portfolio of products designed to meet the growing demands of today’s Ag professionals. Within Europe, our products are manufactured at multiple strategic locations in order to provide the best service to our customers. All of our products are manufactured to the highest quality standards and thoroughly tested by our staff of expert agronomists to ensure products meet the high expectations of today’s farmers.
descrição completa das funções
You are responsible for supporting the sales activities and drive/collaborate on selected business development initiatives for the TKI fertilizers. You co-develop and action the sales strategy and deliver on sales volumes & margin targets in the region through the use of high quality distribution channels. Also you lead the agronomical development work to support sales growth.
Geographical scope. Egypt.
Sales and agronomical support
- Align on sales & development strategies with the line manager. Refine and implement this strategy.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators to acquire new customers
- Propose and implement local distributor agreement for the region. Work closely with selected distributors to find win/win solutions on volumes and margins.
- Propose marketing and promotional materials/events to stimulate sales.
- Accountable for adminstrative tasks, market and business data capturing as required to report to the hierachical manager.
- Responsible for demand forecasting and advice on demand planning.
- Lead the technical activities in line with the sales strategy.
- Develop, maintain, update and actively utilize a network of technical contacts to promote the technical benefits of the products as to develop sales.
- Provide technical support to customers (i.e., distributors, growers).
- Manage a program of products field trials in the region to promote the benefits/value proposition of the product portfolio.
- Identify and reinforce value proposition of Tessenderlo Kerley fertilizers.
- Prepare an annual budget, both for sales and marketing activities. Analyze potential variances and if necessary initiate corrective actions.
- Submit periodic reports as required by the hierarchical managers.
- Meet sales, financial and technical objectives.
- Engage actively in relevant industry organizations, cross-functional associations and seminars/conventions/events that provide educational, networking and lead generation opportunities.
- Network with and identify new partners, customers, logistics providers,… in the territory and raise opportunities for improvement:
- Establish relationships with distributors and customers based on quality products, services and convenience.
- Monitor the customers’ needs and trends
- Capture feedback from competitors and market evolution in order to evaluate the impact on the overall sales strategy
- Develop, catalogue and maintain a full archive of technical publications relating to the product portfolio (make available within TG).
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy (or equal by experience).
- Minimum 10 years commercial experience in fertilizers or/and crop nutrition.
- Comprehensive knowlegde of agricultural practice with specific expertise in fertilizers management and main crops in the area.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of market and products.
- Knowledge of IT software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP C4C (Customer Relationship Management)
- Prepared to travel regularly within Egypt, up to 80% of the working time, and potentially abroad.
- Required languages: English and Arabic. Additional local languages are an asset.
- Entrepreneurial, assuming responsibility for performance, recognizing opportunities and acting efficiently, effectively and with integrity.
- Be able to contribute to and work in a team.
- Be self-motivated and willing to work alone for extended time periods.
- Have strong communication abilities both towards individuals and groups.
- Organized, disciplined, numerate and fact-based decision taking.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable to multiple cultures and circumstances