Technical Sales Advisor Guatemala
You are responsible for supporting the sales activities and drive/collaborate on selected business development initiatives for the TKI fertilizers. You co-develop and action the sales strategy and deliver on sales volumes & margin targets in the region through the use of high quality distribution channels. Also you lead the agronomical development work to support sales growth.
- Align on sales & development strategies with the line manager. Refine and implement this strategy.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators to acquire new customers
- Plan & conduct demand generation activities such as individual & group farmer meeting, product demonstrations & field days to show the product USPs.
- Create brand visibility in the market place through proper utilization of branding material to stimulate the sales.
- Propose marketing and promotional materials/events to stimulate sales, including:
- Connect farmers & dealers to our social media such as FB, You Tube & WhatsApp as per plan.
- Record farmer success stories through documentation, recording & pictures.
- Accountable for adminstrative tasks, market and business data capturing as required to report to the hierachical manager.
- Responsible for demand forecasting and advice on demand planning.
- Lead the technical activities in line with the sales strategy.
- Develop, maintain, update and actively utilize a network of technical contacts to promote the technical benefits of the products as to develop sales.
- Provide technical support to customers (i.e., distributors, growers).
- Manage a program of products field trials in the region to promote the benefits/value proposition of the product portfolio.
- Develop, catalogue and maintain a full archive of technical publications relating to the product portfolio (make available within TG).
- Identify and reinforce value proposition of Tessenderlo Kerley fertilizers.
- Submit periodic reports as required by the hierarchical managers.
- Meet sales, financial and technical objectives.
- Actively contributes to a safe working environment and good practices for all employees and related companies (distributors, customers,…)
- Accountable for personal safety and that of local staff.
- Bachelor Degree in Agronomy (or equal by experience).
- Minimum 2-5 years business development / commercial experience in fertilizers or/and crop nutrition.
- Comprehensive knowlegde of agricultural practice with specific expertise in fertilizers management and main crops in the area.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of market and products.
- Prepared to travel regularly within Guatemala, up to 80% of the working time,
- Required languages: English and Spanish.
- Entrepreneurial, assuming responsibility for performance, recognizing opportunities and acting efficiently, effectively and with integrity.
- Be able to contribute to and work in a team.
- Be self-motivated and willing to work alone for extended time periods.
- Have strong communication abilities both towards individuals and groups.
- Organized, disciplined, numerate and fact-based decision taking.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable to multiple cultures and circumstances