CaTs® is a neutral to basic, chloride-free, clear solution, containing 6 % calcium (Ca w/w) and 10 % sulfur (S w/w). A liter of CaTs® contains 75 grams of calcium (Ca) and 125 grams of sulfur (S) in the thiosulfate form. It can be applied to a wide variety of crops.
- Improves firmness of fruits and vegetables thus reducing bruising
- Improves cell structure and plant strength
- Increases yield and shelf life
- Provides quickly available and extended release sulfur
- Improves phosphorus and micronutrient availability and uptake by the crop
- Conditions the soil allowing better water infiltration
- Leaches out harmful salts such as sodium
CaTs® may be applied by drip, micro-sprinkler, sprinkler, flood irrigation, pivot system, surface broadcast, banded or watered in. It may be blended with other fertilizers or applied as a foliar treatment on selected crops. The calcium requirement for most crops increases during periods of rapid growth and early fruit development and CaTs® is the ideal solution for providing both calcium and sulfur in a readily available liquid form to crops. As a soil amendment, CaTs® may be used to improve water infiltration and aid in the leaching of harmful salts.