Recommendations for use K-Leaf®
Recommendations for use of K-Leaf
HIGH-GRADE POTASH BOOSTER for FOLIAR APPLICATION
A minimum 51.5% K2O (42% K) and 46% SO3 (18.5% S) content supplying a very high concentration of nutrients.
- K-Leaf is compatible with most other soluble and liquid fertilizers within normal concentration ranges, except with those containing calcium, which causes precipitation of calcium sulfate.
- K-Leaf is also compatible with most pesticides and fungicides.
- It is recommended that K-Leaf is dissolved first before addition of other fertilizers or crop protection products.
PREPARATION WHEN SPRAYING K-LEAF
- Foliar sprays of K-Leaf should be applied when crops are turgid (i.e., either in the evening or early in the morning, but never during the heat of the day).
- It is recommended to conduct a small-scale trial in order to check the compatibility of the mixture before large scale operation.
- K-Leaf, being acidic, may enhance the penetration of certain crop protection products
- In cases where low spray volumes could be an issue with respect to concentration, please consult with your Tessenderlo Kerley International Expert or any other qualified agronomist.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE OF K-LEAF
- Fill the tank with water to at least two-thirds of its capacity
- Add K-Leaf, taking care not to exceed the maximum recommended concentration.
- For field, root and leguminous crops it is not recommended to exceed a concentration of 6% of K-Leaf (w/w) in the spray solution.
- For vegetables crops it is not recommended to exceed a concentration of 4% of K-Leaf (w/w) in the spray solution.
- For fruit crops it is not recommended to exceed a concentration of 3% of K-Leaf (w/w) in the spray solution.
- Maintain stirring or agitation throughout the entire operation.
- Complete the filling of the tank with water
- Check that the K-Leaf has dissolved completely before injecting the solution into the spraying system.
- The use of filters is recommended, as is generally advised for most solid fertilizers when used for foliar spraying.
- Always refer to precautions stated on the bag when using the product