Thio-Sul® is a clear liquid ammonium thiosulfate solution that helps increase yields by satisfying a crop’s essential need for nitrogen and sulfur. It contains 12% nitrogen (N w/w) and 26% sulfur (S w/w) and is the most popular sulfur-containing product used in the liquid fertilizer industry. Each liter of Thio-Sul provides 160 grams of nitrogen (N) and 346 grams of sulfur (S).
- A highly efficient chloride free liquid source of nitrogen and sulfur, essential for all crops
- Provides quickly available and extended release sulfur
- Improves phosphorus and micronutrient availability and uptake by the crop
- Excellent urease & nitrification inhibitor
- Reduces soil alkalinity
- Improves aeration of the soil
- Helps facilitate the decomposition of crop residues
Thio-Sul® can be applied by drip, sprinkler or flood irrigation, as well as by broadcasting, banding, injection in the soil, and using liquid fertilizer nozzles.
Thio-Sul® aids in increasing crop yields and enhancing fertilizer cost-effectiveness by improving the nitrogen-sulfur balance and helps in maintaining necessary sulfur levels in sulfur deficient soils and crops. Mixed with nitrogen solutions, it is an effective and economical way to reduce nitrogen loss due to ammonia volatization and to slow down nitrification.
Thio-Sul®may be blended with other liquid fertilizers and is fully compatible with most nitrogen solutions including UAN and liquid manures, and can be applied to a wide variety of field and cash crops as well as turf.
Tessenderlo Kerley International to build a second Thio-Sul® plant
Want to know more about how our products are applied to different crops?